Wednesday, February 16, 2011

GO SUPER GRANNY! My Heroine!

'I NEED A HERO'... Does anyone remember this line from the Bonnie Tyler song? Okay how about 'GIRL POWER'! The anthem touted by the Spice Girls? No?

It doesn't matter because Super Granny Ann Timson is what I call a true HEROINE!  I have been watching this video of her for well over a week now and finally the face was revealed of our supergal! (watch the video of her superhuman feats below)

image source:  http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

I was impressed with her form, her speed and her brute force as she wielded her purse (no doubt filled with everything but the kitchen sink—you know how we women are with our purses) against the would be thieves. 

What makes our dear Ann so special is that she wan't trying to stop the robbery, she thought someone was being attacked. That kind of selflessness makes her a true heroine to me. She put herself in harms way without so much as a thought that she could get hurt to save another person. 

Ann Timson is not your typical grandmother. She was a warden for 17 years and she is no stranger to fighting crime. To you and I, this act of bravery may have seemed out of the ordinary but for Ann she was doing what she thought was right. 

What makes the story even more fantastical is that Anne suffers from rheumatoid arthritis which can be oft times debilitating. My mother suffered from the same disease and some days she could barely walk. 

I will forever have the image of Ann running (yes running, though she says ambling) to the rescue.

The only thing missing was the S on her chest and a cape unfurling behind her back. 

I think I have a new song for you Ann, but Alicia Keys sings it so much better than me, 'I am Superwoman, Yes I am, Even when I'm a mess, I put on vest, with a S on my chest, Oh yes, I am a Superwoman'. - Superwoman - Alicia Keys





No comments:

Post a Comment