Wednesday, December 6, 2006

come on, work with me here!

do not open until christmas!

I feel like I want to push my last post down the page since it doesn't exactly have the joie de jeremy with which I usually carry forth this blog. But, I'm too exhausted at the moment to be entertaining. Can someone, like, tell some knock-knock jokes in the comments? Or maybe explain why six is afraid of seven?

The talk in Ann Arbor went all right; it stimulated good discussion. I am coming to realize that one problem with me is that it is almost a given that I don't sleep well the first night when I am traveling, and when I travel to give a talk the first night traveling is the night before my talk, which means that I'm regularly giving talks on ridiculously inadequate sleep to audiences that are much better rested. Solution: departments should come to my apartment to hear me speak. I'll serve cocktails!

I received a box in the mail from Sister A today. Inside was a present wrapped in festive snowman paper. The tag says "Do Not Open Until Christmas!" And, then: "I mean it!" But, then: "Ha!" Does that mean it's okay to open it now or do I have to wait? You be the holiday ethicist!

No comments:

Post a Comment