Sunday, February 17, 2008

Something Being Manufactured In The Rumor Mill

On Hockey Buzz.com, Eklund is reporting that Jarret Stoll could come to Boston (e2). An e2 is defined as:
is simply more than one reliable sources not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved and not connected to each other. It does not have to equate to two e1’s. It could be several e1’s.
An e1 is a rumor that comes from a single reliable source not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved.

Stoll is most likely not the missing piece to the puzzle that is a Stanley Cup contender however, he would be a welcomed piece. Since I have not seen Stoll play much because he is on the west coast of Canada I looked up what he has to offer online. Sportsnet.ca's scouting report on Jarret Stoll is as follows:

Assets
Has excellent two-way ability and sound leadership qualities. Also possesses a wicked shot and plenty of grit. Can play the point on power plays.

Flaws
Needs to show more consistency in order to take his game to the next level. Could stand to slow things down and not rush things in the offensive zone.

Career Potential
Second line center

For the right price, sign me up. I love those assets and I think that those flaws could be dealt with for the better. I just don't want Chiarelli to deal away the farm system for a guy like this. But, for something like a pick and Peter Schaefer (who probably just needs a change of scenary because Boston isn't working for him) I'm all for it.

Notes: Stoll serves as an alternate captain in Edmonton. The only thing that makes me nervous is that he is a minus 17. Despite that, I think Julien's system can bring that one down.

No comments:

Post a Comment