Friday, February 23, 2007

declaration of apogee

weight watchers online - 2/2007
(my personal wwol screen)

So, longtime readers of this blog know that, between May and October 2005, I lost around 45 pounds with Weight Watchers Online. This reversed the Great Weight Gain of 2003, in which I put on weight at a rate equivalent to scotch-taping a Twix bar to my body every day for nine months. Anyway, prone to bad habits as I can be, especially when I am doing a lot of travelling and feeling generally harried, I have lately been creeping back up again. Not at the 2003 pace, fortunately, but in all, I have gained 15 of the pounds I lost back. So things are happily not where they were before, when I would be regularly mistaken for the unfortunate detritus of a human-narwhal breeding experiment, but still the elevator is moving in a direction I don't want to go.

Today, harnessing the might of my credit card and this blog as devices of committment, I have rejoined with the goal of losing 15 pounds. I will be providing updates here. You should root for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment