Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Deep Thought, By: Jack Handy

I have deep thought before I run out the door to the DMB concert at the Tweeter. Last year, Al "Big Al" Jefferson was one of the hottest young commodities that the Celtics possessed. When the Celtics traded Big Al to Minnesota for KG people were up in arms about trading away such a promising prospect. The Celtics won the World Championship because of that trade, even though Jefferson had outstanding numbers on such a poorly framed team.

So, I would have to say that Phil Kessel is last year's Al Jefferson on this off-season Bruins crew. The reason I bring this up is because I have seen Kessel's name rumored in trades to help dump salary for a nice free agent splash. If winning a Stanley Cup (or making a very strong push) means moving Kessel and him still becoming a great player elsewhere, would you do it?

You all better say yes.

I am wearing a black t-shirt and a backward Portland Sea Dogs hat if you are there.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment