Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lennart Messagie & Dagleth –And I Love Her


Lennart Messagie & Dagleth –And I Love Her/Wake Up –Sugar Plum 84-17.002Y (1973 Bel)

Belgian Glam Pop combo with more than a sense of the ridiculous; catch these lyrics:
She’s missing an eye, she’s got a wooden leg
she’s only got four fingers and one big foot
she laughs like a beast and she talks like a dog…
And I love her, yes I love her, I love her like nobody else can do…

You’ve got to wonder about these guys’ sexual preferences, especially as one of their other singles is titled Sleeping With My Dog! Whatever the lyrical content, And I Love Her is a superb piece of melodic BubbleGlam, so catchy you can almost suspend belief as they sing: She’s not so bad, just got to close my eyes…
L M &D later evolved into Glam Popsters Hush (not the Australian ones as those guys most likely slept with dingoes…)

Click on title for a full version of And I Love Her


No comments:

Post a Comment