Monday, November 20, 2006

the jaunty professor

I'm giving a talk at the University of Michigan on my replication paper in a couple weeks. I received an e-mail from someone there saying that the flier for my talk was attached. The e-mail said:
I'd appreciate it if you'd look over the flyer and send back any desired 
changes. I took the liberty of grabbing an image of you from your flickr
page. If it does not in your opinion convey sufficient gravity or formality
or native attractiveness, perhaps you could send me a replacement. (I think
it's jaunty.)
To which I could only wonder, what is this going to be? Turns out:

michigan talk poster

I will admit to some uncertainty as to how well the photo represents my "native attractiveness," but I gave the thumbs up regardless. Maybe I should wear a prosthetic hook for the talk and gesture it menacingly when talking about those scurvy bilgerats who won't allow others to replicate their findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment