Wednesday, June 6, 2007

i often feel lonesome in my opinions, but rarely so much as regarding this

I look at the iPhone, and I see a $500 phone that looks like it would be incredibly tedious to do txt messaging on. Aren't people who buy $500 phones the kind of people who do a lot of txting? I suppose Apple is going to sell these to all sorts of people who would never otherwise buy a $500 phone and so won't mind if it's inferior to a $20 Virgin phone for txting on.

I think part of my confusion about all the iPhone enthusiasm is that I don't really understand what would be so great if the Treo I have now was a full featured music player, or if the iPod I have now was also my phone. I think if my iPod was my phone I'd still want to keep it in something like the blue rubberized sheath I keep my iPod in now, but I wouldn't be able to because of the touchscreen, so then after a few months it would end up looking as scratched up as my unsheathed Nano did. How hip can something be if it's all scratched up?

No comments:

Post a Comment