Monday, June 11, 2007

(ongoing series) major injustices of this world we live in

7. The unavailability of any Milli Vanilli songs on iTunes. That the two men presented as being "Milli Vanilli" were not actually the three singers responsible for the album seems to have allowed a revisionist cultural sensibility in which "Girl, You Know It's True" is less than awesomely awesome. Luckily, their being forgotten means no one has bothered to make YouTube take down the video. (BTW, I don't know how they managed to fool people--you can tell they are lip-synching from the video.)

However, if anyone happens to know where I can get an MP3 of it, e-mail me.

Speaking of iTunes, I recently accidentally bought two different versions of "Time Has Come Today" by the Chamber Brothers. I couldn't remember exactly the title or the artist when I first had the dim idea of buying it, but was able to quickly find it by Googling the word "psychedelicized."

Update: Yes, I know that musicians who actually sing their own songs also lip-synch in videos. It was a joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment