Friday, July 27, 2007

this week's jfw award for greatest lapse in investigative journalism

From the NYT:
Asked to define what Red Lobster means by fresh, Ms. Setta responded, “It’s as fresh as anything you’d find in a top-tier seafood restaurant.” The chain delivers fish to its restaurants six days a week.
Don't you think the obvious follow-up question for the NYT reporter should have been to ask what day the fish isn't fresh?

I haven't eaten at a Red Lobster in years. I still occasionally crave cheddar bay biscuits, though. Once upon a time I said that, should I ever find myself mysteriously pregnant with a daughter, I would name her Cheddar Bay Freese.

Unrelated addendum #1: People are already lining up outside Mary and Brady's blog to be the first person to comment when their blogathon opens at 9 EDT.

Unrelated addendum #2: I wish part of feeling stretched too thin was that one actually got to feel thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment