Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jožin z Bažin ;))



'Jožin z Bažin' is a czech song perform by Ivan Mládka and Iva Pešáka in 1978. This video is very funny. That's why it's so popular in Poland and Hungary. But story of Jožin is very sad. He's living on bog in Morawy and he eat mainly inhabitants of Prague. Mayor bid that if someone kill him, he's going to get his daughter as wife and half of National Agrarian Farm. But you can read it on your own in english:

1. 'I drive Skoda 100 to camp here on Orawa
So I hurry, take a risk - go through Morawa
The monster lives there, comes out of the bog
Eats mostly Prague citizen, its name is Jozin (Joseph)

Chorus: Jozin from the bog creeps through swamp
Jozin from the bog closes to the village
Jozin from the bog edges its teeth
Jozin from the bog bites, strangles
To defeat Jozin from the bog, who could imagine, only works a plane with manure (white powder)

2. I was driving through the village on road to Vizowice
The village mayor greeted me, said to me during drinking Sliwowica (DIY plum vodka)
'The one who will bring Jozin dead or alive
gets my daughter and a half of National Agrarian Farm

Chorus: Jozin...

3. I said: 'give me a plane and powder, mayor,
I'll bring you Jozin, I see no trouble about that',
Mayor helped me, in the morning I went up in the sky
The powder from the plane prettily fell on Jozin.'

Chours: Jozin z from the bog is arleady on white powder
Jozin form the bog is escaping from swamp
Jozin from the bog hit the stone
Jozin from the bog it is the end of him
I caught him, I'm keeping him
Money is money, I'll sell him to ZOO


But you're thinking 'Who, the hell, is Ivan Mládek?' I can tell you ;)) He's a czech songwriter, composer and comedian. He was born in Prague, 7th of february 1942. In 1966 he presuppose group 'Banjo Band'. He wrote more than 400 songs. He's married and he has son Štěpán. Other known production are: Zkratky, Prachovské skály, Medvědi nevědí, Pochod Praha-Prčice. If you wanna see his official website click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment